Wednesday, May 06, 2015

Chatter Wednesday

It has been awhile since I've posted and thought I would bring you all up to date of events in the last month.  As you know, I've been undergoing radiation treatments; today I learned I only have nine(9)  to go.  Talk about a happy dance!!!  I haven't been painting since I posted the Spring Thaw but hopefully my strength will soon be returning as I slowly begin to eat better.  Raw throat, you know. 

The other sad event was that I had to return Owain to the rescue foundation.  I felt so terribly bad but just could not take proper care of him and was also afraid he would trip my 96 year old Mom.  He loved to bite the trouser legs and tug, which is not good with us elder folk.  Hopefully, he will find a good home with a good trainer to teach him not to bite (he bit me so many times) and to obey. 

It's been a good day and hope it is for you as well. 


3 comments:

Julie Ford Oliver said...

Life isn't easy for you at the moment, Ann, but I think you made absolutely the right decision to return Owain. Hard, I know, but the right one.
I have been thinking of you going through your treatments. The end result will be worth it but still a bummer. Sending my very best your way.
I love your painting, Spring Thaw.

Vernita Hoyt said...

I have been thinking about you also, keeping positive thoughts to lift you when you might be down. I have gotten myself busier than I need to be at this stage of life so have missed visiting the Painting Friends. You did the right thing with the dog. Stay focused on treatment and rest as much as you need to. I know radiation is tiring. Will keep holding you up in my thoughts and prayers, Ann.

Christiane Kingsley said...

I have not been blogging very much in the past year and was not aware of the difficult times you were going through. Take really good care of yourself and get lots of rest. I will visit more often from now on.