Monday, September 15, 2014

Splash IV Portrait 2 WIP


This painting was started at Indian Rocks Beach.  I can't remember where the reference photo is from.  If I find the information, I'll be sure to post it.  I had added Pebeo drawing gum to the beard, brows and by the ears, then painted a combination of blues in the background and across areas of his face. This weekend I began laying in skin tones and bringing those tones down into his garments.  Still a lot to  be done but just had to post that "hooray", I'm painting!!

Both me and the kitten are doing fine.  My forearm looks normal except for two puncture marks and a tiny bit of redness.  I'm so thankful it wasn't worse.  



2 comments:

Christiane Kingsley said...

Ann, I am so relieved that you are ok!
This portrait is looking so great! I can't wait to see it finished.
Take care.

Ann Buckner said...

Christianne, thank you so much. We (the kitten) are both doing fine. Struggling with portraiture but that truly is half the fun, yes.