Sunday, March 17, 2013

I'm Back, Finally

My apologies for disappearing so suddenly but on 2-28 I had gall bladder surgery which went very well but other complications arose.  I was finally released from hospital 3-15 and am I tickled to be home.  The doctors and nursing staff at WW Hastings were terrific .  I'm weak but willing to do as much as I can without over doing it. 

My twin still hasn't seen her birthday painting, even in the unfinished state. So as soon as I can hold a brush longer than five seconds, I'll be painting.  She came to the hospital on our birthday and brought a turkey and a rooster hat sent to us by her daughter in Calif, just so we could have some fun.  Don't you know we looked the height of fashion. :giggle: :giggle:

In the meantime, think color, add zest to whatever you do and hug all the ones you care about just because it feels good to do so. 


5 comments:

Katherine Thomas said...

Welcome home! The important thing now is to take it easy and get your strength back! Take care of yourself. The painting of the girls looks so lovely and will be a treasure for the whole family. But all in good time. :)

ann @ studiohyde said...

Welcome Home Ann! I didn't realise you had gone into hospital (I haven't popped into PF for a while now...bad me). Hope you continue to recover - my husb. had gall bladder surgery about 10 years ago, key hole, so clever back then and things have only advanced, which is good.

Christiane Kingsley said...

Welcome back, Ann! However, take it easy for as long as it takes for you to be all better.

RH Carpenter said...

Ann, I'm so glad you're okay now. I didn't know about your surgery. I have been diagnosed with gallstones this year and everyone says I should get the gallbladder out now - but why do it if it's not causing many problems. I sure hope you recuperate quickly and are back to painting soon.

Mermaid's Palette said...

Welcome home and feel better soon! I spent most of last year away from painting and my blog due to my mom's health- it is tough to get the routine back, but take your time!