Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Morning Glories WIP

Hope you will tag along with me as I finish this watercolor.  Using a photo taken last Monday of Morning Glories that looked a bit shriveled in the morning cold air, I quickly sketched the general shapes of the leaves and flowers. 

Using a palette of Indanthrene Blue, Cobalt Blue, Quin. Violet, Quin. Rose, Viridian, Sap Green, Quin. Gold and Quin. Burnt Orange, I began slowly laying in paint.  You can see from the photo how lightly the first layers are.  I wait until an area is completely dry before going back to work in more color or change values or shapes. 

4 comments:

RH Carpenter said...

Looking good, Ann :)

Nora Mackin said...


I'm loving it already Ann, will be watching

Studio at the Farm said...

Ann, I will certainly follow to see how you finish this. It has such an intriguing movement through it already.

Happy Little Trees Studio said...

Can't wait to see the finished painting!