Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Sketches & Chatter



These are sketches of the same little girl, using a reference photo from the tea party that were taken last year.  The first sketch is very quick while the second sketch took longer as I was trying for a closer resemblance and a more finished look.  The last sketch is basically a line drawing as I need loads of practice doing those.  I will use the line drawing to trace onto watercolor paper so I can get back into painting.  I did overlay the line drawing  on the photograph and it is fairly close in accuracy. 

I've been away from blogging and painting for the last month, going through a severe slump which continues to haunt me.  The only way I know to get past it is to do little things such as play with color, o graphite sketches or do imaginative sketches, look at other artists' work, read.  Then sometimes walk away and let it all percolate. 

I'm happy to say the cataract surgery oo my left eye went very well and I can now see distance.  Until the right eye has been corrected, I am having to switch between two pairs of reading glasses; one for computer work, one for reading.  I'm so willing to do that though just to have the joy of being able to see.

Also, my Mom had a bit of surgery and is now scheduled for a 2nd one the 9th of October.  The first one went very well and she did an amazing recovery.  Hopefully, this time it will all go just as well and they will remove all the tiny spots.  We consider the surgeries a blessing because if they hadn't done the first one they wouldn't have discovered the cancer until who knows when. 

3 comments:

RH Carpenter said...

Ann, I had no idea your Mom had cancer and surgery - I do wish her a good recovery and rest time. I'm glad your cataract surgery went well - now for the 2nd sometime soon and you'll be more likely to be re-energized for drawing and painting. I love these drawings - the finished one is just beautiful!

Ann Buckner said...

Hi Rhonda, thanks for all the good thoughts. Mom had her 2nd surgery yesterday and is doing very well. Thank goodness the cancer was very slow growing and very, very small.

So pleased you enjoyed the drawings. I see you are very busy conducting classes. Good for you as I know they will learn lots from you.

Hope you get to feeling better very soon.

The Artist In Me said...

Ann glad to know that your eye surgery went well and the other one will go well too!

I am keeping you and your mom in prayer!

Have a great day full of joy!