Monday, July 09, 2012

Oranges 2 In Progress



The first photo is showing the rework of the original.  When I say rework, it is actually a new painting as I totally washed off all the paint on the original.  I learned so much from the first painting about how the paint and water works on the smooth surface.  One of the most important things I learned is to dry the paint in an area before working an area beside the wet paint, otherwise it bleeds and flows like crazy.  In this second painting, I am trying for a more organic look with calm areas in the shadows for resting the eye but with enough movement to cause the eye to follow the flow of the design.  When the paint is moving it is all a guessing game with some control created by tilting the board or leaving it flat so the paint remains stationary. Fun, fun!

8 comments:

Studio at the Farm said...

I DO like your re-work, Ann! :)

Studio at the Farm said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Pat said...

I'm speechless - in a good way!
Love the re-work xx

Sharon Whitley said...

Love the rework, lovely and fresh

jyothisethu said...

nice work...
ann is always my favorite...

Nora Mackin said...

I like the second one alot more Ann, your colors are so fresh and vibrant. Thanks for letting me know about the smoothness of the gesso board.

Ann Buckner said...

Thank you all for your time and the kind comments.

northierthanthou said...

I like the second one, not as much color, but much more dynamic. It's pretty.