Monday, May 14, 2012

Steer Wrestling WIP, cont'd.

 After a week I finally have gotten back to painting.  I know, it doesn't look like much progress but truly, there is some. 

Below is a photo of my palette.  I use an old tupperware container, lay in a damp paper towel, place palette paper on top of it.  Next I roll up paper towels, soak them then squeeze out the excess water.  Then I lay out the paint on the damp paper towels.  The paint has stayed moist and usable throughout this painting, adding more paint as I need it.  The trick is to make sure the first layer of paper towel stays moist beneath the sheet of palette paper.  Notice that I am using a combination of warm and cool primaries with the addition of burnt umber for help in mixing darks. 


2 comments:

Marietjie said...

Hi Ann,
Wow, I like that very much. Your choice of colours is perfect. Very good

debwardart said...

A fun painting! And thanks for your tip on how to keep your acrylics wet!