Thursday, May 10, 2012

Chatter

I don't normally share photos of my family but Mother's Day is coming up and I am so very proud of my 93 year old Mom, as well as my siblings.   My father died when I was eight and she raised seven of us, eight years old to teenagers, alone. We love and admire her, not only for her inner strength but for the values she lives by. 

Not much painting going on but hope to get back it very soon.  I've had an eye infection off and on
since the end of January that is just now getting under control.  I kept trying to wearing my contacts but each time I did, my eye became even more irritated and swollen.  So now, I won't be able to wear a contact in my left eye for some months to come so that means I've been experiencing painting in a different way.  As soon as the swelling goes down I can be fitted for glasses but in the mean time I get to view the world in a blur.  Where are those "rose colored" glasses??

3 comments:

RH Carpenter said...

Thanks for sharing your family photo, Ann! What a great mother's day this will be - 93 years young :) Sorry about your eye infection and hope that clears up soon - seeing things through a blur is not good - unless you want to try painting really big like Monet had to do towards the end? Take care!

Studio at the Farm said...

Ann, thank you for sharing this photo. There's your mom, literally and metaphorically the center of the family. :)
As for you, please do be careful with that eye infection!! I wondered where you were.

Ann Buckner said...

Rhonda, hope you enjoyed your Mother's Day too. I looked at your blog this morning. You are one busy woman. No more procrastinating on tha painting, okay?

Kathryn, tickled you stopped by. I do check out your blog and see you are trying a different way of gardening. Hope it all works for you.

The eye infection is somewhat better and hopefully will know more today. Thanks for asking. :)