Sunday, April 22, 2012

YOP II WIP Blocking In

Here is the painting as it stands right now.  You can see how much of the toned panel is still shining through.  The photo was taken under a combination of ambient and natural light.  It is amazing the difference in paint colors when shown under different lighting conditions. 

I started to work on this yesterday and stopped when I realized that the way I was pushing paint wasn't working.  This is the stage where angles, etc., are corrected.  I'm pretty happy with the figure overall but there will be some changes. 

Now that the block in is basically done, the question I'm asking now is what would make this a better painting?  What is lacking?   Should more elements be added or moved?  As I paint I have no doubt there will be other questions come to mind and hopefully will answer with a better painting. 

On another note, this is my 500th post.  Hope to post 500 more in the future. :)

1 comment:

KEF! said...

Nice text :)