Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Steer Wrestling WIP

I've begun another acrylic painting by toning the panel with cerulean blue and burnt sienna and starting a charcoal sketch of the horse on the panel.  I'm not a great sketcher so it mean placing strokes, correcting and trying to keep the measurements in proportion.  Thank goodness for dampened q-tips to remove the charcoal  In doing paintings of figures and animals I am stepping outside my comfort zone, which is a very good thing. Now, to correcting the nostril area and begin measuring the chest and leg areas.  Just think the steer still has to be sketched as does the cowboy.  What fun!


2 comments:

Christiane Kingsley said...

Ann, going out of our comfort zone is how we learn and progress. I like what you have done so far. I have been doing mixed media with mostly acrylics, but I have not tried sketching on a toned background...You are off to a great start. Have fun and I am sure this will turn out gorgeous!

Nicoletta said...

Nice work. I love it.
Have a nice day dear!
Nicoletta