Thursday, April 26, 2012

Steer Wrestling Block=in Changes WIP

I am still messing around with the positions and forms with much more to do.  The steer looked too static and the rider looked like he was overshooting his mark so moved the steer over to our left and extended the steer's form to show more movement.  I still have to correct legs and other parts of the steer but I think it is in the right place now.  Also have to work on the rider,  to get more of his body language in.  I roughly blocked in the foreground to give some semblances of dirt and dust clouds.  Still have to block in the background so it shows some sense of place.  . 

4 comments:

Studio at the Farm said...

Much better, Ann! :)

Christiane Kingsley said...

Ann, thank you for sharing your process with us. You have achieved a very nice sense of movement!! This is not an easy painting, but it will look great!.

mollie jones said...

Looks really good, Ann...the "dust up" really is effective. Can't wait to see the finish. Those boots are a new thing for me...but...I'm not a rider so I wouldn't know. Love the movement.

Crystal Cook said...

It really is looking great Ann. And that's one heck of a complicated scene, you deserve two cookies for even attempting it! :)