Tuesday, March 13, 2012

More Composition Studies

For today's study I chose John Singer Sargent's, "The Artist Sketching", from johnsingersargent.org.  Click the link to review the painting. 

I saw the main thrust of the composition in two ways, first as a fulcrum:

Then I saw it as a radial composition with the circular movement.  :

Next, I used a Sharpie pen to work out the black and whites of the painting which I think more clearly shows the radial movement.

I've posted this for comments in the March 6 Composition thread at Wet Canvas, hosted by Larry Seiler.  I hope I haven't missed the mark on the composition of this painting. 

2 comments:

Anns Art said...

It is interesting to see the painting this way.

Ann Buckner said...

Hi Ann, thanks for taking a peek at the painting and commenting.