Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Working With Greens Again

This morning I wanted to work with greens again, in acrylics.  I used Pthalo Blue, Ultramarine Blue, Dioxazine Purple, Burnt Sienna, Indian Yellow, Cad. Yellow Medium, and Raw Sienna to mix the greens .  I wanted to see what these different mixtures would look like once the paint dried, as acrylics dry darker.  I'm striving for realistic looking greens - sometimes I get it, sometimes not.  This unfinished study is from my imagination but areas like this can actually be found in this area on any dirt road.

5 comments:

Dean H. said...

I think you nailed it here, Ann! Love the many variations in the foliage! Just as it is in nature.

Pat said...

Gorgeous greens, Ann. You have it! xx

Nora Mackin said...

Nicely done Ann, these greens are working well together.

L.W.Roth, said...

Green is challenging Ann. In nature, there are so many variations of the color. You did a great job. There's an acrylic green that is spectacular: Sap Green. It's a "Hunter's Green" or a Black Green. The tough thing about it is it's very translucent. You have to solidify it--add more black or more green to make it opaque. It's gorgeous. So is Thalo (Blue) Green.

Crystal Cook said...

Your greens look fantastically realistic Ann. I really love this piece. :)