Thursday, November 24, 2011

Thanksgiving Chatter

Wishing each of you a most Blessed Thanksgiving.  Today is a day of giving thanks for all we have in our life - the land we live in, the people who come and go in our lives, those that remain friends through the years, our families.  I'm thankful for each of you, your interest and comments but especially for the joy we share in painting and viewing art. Thank you for coming in to my life through art and your continued interest.

I've been reading the Robert Genn newsletter this morning entitled "One Precious Day" and there is a beautiful video that is worth watching and most appropriate for today and every day. 

The acrylic painting above was painted a few years ago and hangs in my sister's dining room  It was painted with brush and palette knife.  I love the strokes a knife makes.

5 comments:

Teresa Palomar Lois said...

Ann that paintings is just... WOW

Wishing you a very special Thanksgiving day, be happy!

Shubhankar Adhikari said...

Great painting.

RH Carpenter said...

Happy Thanksgiving, my friend - and here's to many more. And I agree with Teresa, that painting is WOW!

Nora Mackin said...

Happy Thanksgiving Ann
This is such a beautiful still life, what gorgeous reds you have in here.

jyothisethu said...

great work of art...
extremely eye catching...
enjoyed the words also...
congrats...