Thursday, November 17, 2011

Santa Collage-Mixed Media

Santa
Collage
9" x 13"
Fabriano Aristico 
Soft Press Watercolor Paper
 
This is my first collage using watercolors, gesso & acrylics.  It was fun tearing up old paintings that didn't work.  The base for this collage began as the YOP painting that can be seen here.  I used acrylic medium to glue torn paper (from paintings shown here and here), then used acrylic and gesso to help form the tree plus add more texture and light to the white areas.  
 
I may correct some of the branches of the tree adding some lights into the darker areas and forming the branches a bit better.  Also, the presents could be modeled to create a more three dimensional look but I rather like them as is. 



3 comments:

Sandy Maudlin said...

I really like this. Lots of energy and textures.

Ann Buckner said...

Thanks Sandy. :) Wishing you and yours a marvelous Thanksgiving full of blessings.

NELSON said...

IS SUBLIME, DELICATE AND VERY LARGE