Sunday, October 02, 2011

Pushing Paint

Early this morning I placed random marks of paint on paper then used a palette knife to lift and make marks/lines.  Then I spritzed it with water lifting most of the paint, leaving ghosts of color.  Then I just had fun, placing streaks and swishes of color, negatively forming a couple of containers.  Again I used a palette knife, brush and spray bottle to move paint and to place stronger bits of color.

The purpose behind this was simply to not plan but to place color and make marks to see what formed, if anything.  It loosens my brain and my hand and is such fun to simply relax and watch the paint play.

On a different note, yesterday's celebration of Mom's birthday was so enjoyable.  We visited with family (30+ people) that we rarely get to see and loaded up on good food and wonderful desserts such as homemade coconut cream pie and other goodies.  Thanks all of you for the birthday wishes for Mom. 

12 comments:

Nora Mackin said...

Looks like fun Ann, nice outcome

Glad to see a wonderful time was had at your mom's birthday.

Ann's Art said...

What a great technique here - love it. Plus, I'm so glad your family turn out was such a success.

Vernita Bridges Hoyt said...

This is wonderful! I really love it. You are such an accomplished artist!

Vernita Bridges Hoyt said...

Belated Happy Birthday wishes to your mom!

RH Carpenter said...

I like this a lot! Great marks and creativity and looseness, too :)

Ann Buckner said...

Thank you everyone for stopping by and for your comments. It must be a "let down" mode after a busy weekend as I haven't picked up a brush today.

L.W.Roth, said...

What fun. There's nothing like playing with the paint and following where is leads.

Ann Buckner said...

Linda, it was fun. Now to paint something that is equally enjoyable.

Vernita Bridges Hoyt said...

Anything you put your paintbrush to is going to be wonderful!

Sandy Maudlin said...

EXCITING and makes me smile!

ashok said...

Nice work...cheers!

Ann Buckner said...

Vernita, thanks for the vote of confidence in my work.

Sandy, thank you - you know I'm a huge fan of your work.

Ashok, thanks for taking the time to comment. It is appreciated.