Thursday, October 27, 2011

Playing With Green, A Study in Progress

It feels so good to be painting even if it is just playing with greenery.  The reference for this study is the same Mums photo I used earlier for a painting.  This time though I wanted to concentrate on the leaf areas since that is where I have the most challenges when painting florals, as can be seen in the stage shown above. 

My favorite area right now is the upper part.  I like the soft tones and variety of colors.  So far I have used Fr. Ultramarine Blue, Cobalt Blue, Viridian, Quin. Rose, Azo Yellow and for the warmer tones added Raw Sienna.  

3 comments:

jamila aladdin said...

Hi Ann I love this I feel the soft tones are so right for the subject ...it will be great once finished

Nora Mackin said...

Good for you Ann, what a thought making the leaves the star. I have a horrible time with greens. This is looking good so far.

Ann Buckner said...

Thanks for stopping by Jamila and Nora.