Tuesday, September 06, 2011

Self-Portrait, First Washes

This photo shows the beginning stage of the self-portrait.  It is always a chance that a painting may or may not turn out as one would like.  I find each aspect of painting interesting and challenging, from deciding where to place which color, changing a shape, transitioning from warm colors to cool, slowly building values, while trying to model the features to actually resemble the subject.   So if the painting turns out as I would like, that is just the added bonus. 

4 comments:

Pat said...

I love the journey of a painting also. Will be watching with interest xx

Vernita Bridges Hoyt said...

This is looking really good. I love viewing your painting process. You are so talented.

RH Carpenter said...

You're going to think I'm crazy but I like this just as it is and would leave it and go on to another - there is something very appealing and very moving about this.

Ann Buckner said...

Thanks Pat!

Thank you, Vernita.

Thanks Rhonda. I rather liked it too but of course had to continue on.