Tuesday, August 09, 2011

Mums Progress

This photo shows this morning's progress.  Have to rework the top flower in the background as well as clean up the area on the viewer's left.  There are other areas as well.  I am trying my best not to become to detailed on the petals on the viewer's left.   I do need to indicate more separation though between the upper left background flower and the main flower. 

Thanks all of you for your comments.  I'm tickled you are enjoying the works in progress. 

On another note, our area had rain last night with more expected over the next few days.  I'm hoping that areas south and west of us soon have rain.  It is desperately needed. 

My heart goes out to those living amongst all the riots in London.  Such a dangerous time.


5 comments:

Teresa Palomar Lois said...

oh my! Ann that looks really gorgeous!!!

RH Carpenter said...

This is looking so beautiful!!

Christiane Kingsley said...

You have achieved great depth by pushing back the small petals at the bottom right. This is such a stunning painting! It's beautiful!

Pat said...

It is looking fabulous!

Glad to hear you've got rain - and we have had a quiet night in London! :) xx

Nora Mackin said...

Wahooooo it's looking good.