Saturday, August 06, 2011

Mums, In Progress

I'm showing you this photo of the painting as it stands this morning because I believe it is important that one shares the goofs/mistakes and the steps to correcting the errors.  The area I am referring to is the small flower/leaves in the lower right corner (viewer's right).  That area is too light, too busy which attracts too much attention.  It also looks overworked.  Of course the challenge now is to correct that area and, to just add a touch of color to form the petals that are in the light. 

Are you getting tired of all these works in progress?  Feel free to share your thoughts or ask questions about this or any of the paintings or the steps I share. 

Nora, wanted to know how I am getting the soft pink color.  The pinks and reds I am using are Rhodenite Genuine, Quin. Rose, and Deep Scarlett.  To those colors, in the shadow areas, I am adding a small touch of Quin. Burnt Orange.  Some of the pinks (without the Quin. Burnt Orange) may have a touch of French Ultramarine Blue or a touch of green added. 

7 comments:

Studio at the Farm said...

Ann, I love the WIP.

IrinaSztukowski said...

Lovely Mums Ann. I love the soft pink; yet you can see 3D already.
Thanks,
Irina

Christiane Kingsley said...

Are we getting tired of your WIPs? Absolutely not! Personally, I love them!
This is so beautiful already. Your petals are so well painted. You are good!

Nora Mackin said...

Thanks Ann I may have to invest in Rhodenite Gen and Deep Scarlett.

L.W.Roth, said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Katherine Thomas said...

Those colors are so dreamy and lyrical. This is beautiful!

Ann Buckner said...

Thanks all of you for your encouragement. Hope you are getting your brushes wet today.