Thursday, August 04, 2011

Jody's Mom, Final

I'm calling this painted finished after working on it this morning. The photo was taken in natural light and I still had to desaturate the photo a little. 

More paint was added to the flower bushes, with darks added to the shrubs and window areas that are in shadow, plus darkened the pink decorative board beside the window.  In Photoshop, I removed the color to check the values.  Many thanks to L.W. Roth for suggesting that I look at the values in the painting. 

5 comments:

L.W.Roth, said...

Looks good. You got it. You kept the de-pinked color and increased the contrasts. Checking out a painting via switching it to black and white in your picture program is such a terrific tool. I do that often during the painting process.

Pat said...

Looks fab! xx

debwardart said...

Takes me back to the late 50' or early 60's - excellent job.

IrinaSztukowski said...

Great work Ann. I love the airy feeling and yes it is nostalgic painting yet very very light and beautiful!
Thank you,
Irina

hw (hallie) farber said...

I loved following the progress of this painting. Jody must be really pleased--good work.