Thursday, July 28, 2011

Jody's Mom, In Progress

I began this half sheet watercolor this morning of a friend's mother, based on a photo she provided.   Jody wanted me to include the house as a backdrop because it meant so much to her mother and to her. 

I don't usually work from the bottom up but in this instance I wanted to begin with the figure first.  I think I need to use a magnifying glass to paint her face and glasses plus the details on her clothing.  

I still have the "Somewhere in Europe" and Peony paintings to finish but wanted to start this one.  I procrastinated beginning this painting as I am a bit intimidated in painting the architecture as well as getting a likeness on the figure, which is the most important part. 

2 comments:

IrinaSztukowski said...

Wonderful beginning Jean! This is a great part about the artists and paintings: we can add whatever we want/need to the image :)
Irina

Ann Buckner said...

Thank you Irina. :)