Friday, June 10, 2011

Tea Party Sketch

I've been working on this sketch today from a photo I took last Saturday.  There was a group of young girls celebrating by having a tea party.  I asked their parents if I could photograph them to use for possible paintings.  Happily, they gave me permission to use the photos. 

The girls were absolutely adorable, dressed in colorful long dresses, hats with feathers and their gloves.  I had to up the contrast just so the drawing could be seen.  I'm hoping I can portray how her head is slightly tilted as she looked up at me.  Plus, need to check the distance between the eyes and the tilt of her left eye. 

I did the reverse of what I normally do, drawing direct on the watercolor paper.  So I'm going to trace it on to tracing paper just in case I need to paint it again. 

3 comments:

jyothisethu said...

waiting for the portrait to come up...
congratulations...

Katherine Thomas said...

This is going to be wonderful! What a perfect expression on this girl's face!

Pat said...

Looking good so far! xx