Friday, June 10, 2011

Color Swatches

 
Have you ever had times when everything painted ends up in the round file?  This past week or so that is what has happened with me.  I thought a good way to get myself back on track was to do color swatches, practicing glazing/washes skills, and reading about techniques practiced by other artists.

I also did three small paintings where I dropped in colors randomly then tried to compose a painting from the random design.  They were so bad that they will not get a debut here.  I like to think of these times as working out problems/solutions, subconsciously making decisions as to how who what when where.

A big thank you to all the subscribers continuing along with me and to all of you making comments. 

2 comments:

Judy said...

I know what you mean, I had/have a time like that recently, I had a post about it. But I agree with you that it will work out... I hope.

Ann's Art said...

Ann, I agree with you...only last night I did a page of wet in wet washes in my sketchbook to 'play' with what happened. Great post, sure to inspire others.