Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Chatter

We had our local Strawberry Festival last weekend so decided to post an old photo of a still life set up that featured strawberries.  The challenge for me in this photo would be to create an interesting palette. Then there is the challenge of painting all those berries, getting good ellipses on the cup and bowl, plus the reflections in the golden paper.  

I enjoyed my time away from painting which gave me a break to mentally relax and enjoy my family.  I'm excited to begin the half sheet watercolor paper I have ready for paint and today I will be drawing out another one.  Both should be fun and challenging. 

2 comments:

Christiane Kingsley said...

Ann, this would certainly be very challenging, but how wonderful also!

Enjoy your day of painting!

Mermaid's Palette said...

I love this set up, Ann! I am looking forward to the painting. I am always saying that setting up the still life is almost more difficult than painting one!