Thursday, April 07, 2011

Parrot Tulip Sketch

I think parrot tulips are a gorgeous and graceful flower with their cups and folds.  This sketch could have been taken further with more value contrasts but I get so impatient that I stop.  This at least gives me an idea of the flow, the light/dark patterns and negative shapes.  The reference photo was provided by Pat for the Painting Friends Friday Foto. 

On another note, I am so pleased that the Iris submitted for auction in The Help Japan Challenge has sold and been shipped to the buyer.  I'm hoping that she likes it.  Many thanks for your purchase and the American Red Cross will appreciate it too. 

I just looked at the sidebar and noticed the followers to this blog are now at 199.  This is exciting to me and hope that in some small way there is something you can take away from the various posts.  Many, many thanks to you all.

4 comments:

Studio at the Farm said...

Ann, I love the parrot tulip, and empathize completely with reaching one's limit with patience! Congradulations about your iris.

Pat said...

Congrats on the sale - I am sure the people of Japan are grateful for all the help.

The parrot tulip is looking wonderful :)

Ann Buckner said...

Thanks Kathryn. :)

Pat, just wish I could do so much more to help in some way.

Deb Léger said...

Love this sketch, Ann. Can't wait to see in painted.