Monday, April 25, 2011

Apple Tree, Acrylic

Apple Tree
Acrylics
7" x 9 3/4" Image Size
Fabriano Aristico Soft Press Paper

Calling this one finished unless I see something that needs adjusting in the next day or so.  

We are flooding big time in NE Oklahoma.  The Illinois River has overflowed its banks 12 feet above normal level.  The highways have running water washing across them in areas and three schools are closed tomorrow because of flooding.  It took me almost three hours to drive 30 miles as I waited in a line of traffic then had to detour and go down Arkansas Hwy. 59.  Even that was a huge risk as water was rushing across the highway and a small log floated in front of me that I had to run over so need to get the undercarriage of the car checked out.  I was truly lucky that the rushing water didn't sweep me off the highway and the car didn't stall.  Saying my prayers of thanks, for sure. 

8 comments:

Christiane Kingsley said...

Ann, and I am sure that I will not be the only one of your blogging friends saying prayers for you and the people in your area. Stay safe!

Acrylic on the Fabriano SP...very interesting! I really like your results, especially the foliage and the shadows of the main tree. Very nice!

Pat said...

Only one word for that painting - fabulous!

The flooding must have been incredibly scary. Hope you're feeling ok now - and that you don't have to go out again til its passed!

Deb Townsend said...

Ann, praying for all of you in the floods. How scary! {{{}}}

Love the painting! Fantastic job!

Crystal Cook said...

Beautiful painting Ann. I really love the soft feel it has.

And I will definitely be praying for you and your family! I'm so glad you were ok!

Ann Buckner said...

Thanks all of you. We were lucky around our house, no flooding. So much devastating weather. Feel for all those with flooded homes, businesses and tornadic damage.

NoviceArtist said...

I love the way this turned out, how soft it is, with greater detail on the main tree.

Thanking the Lord you are safe. And the people around you are in my prayers.

Kerri said...

I hope you stay safe and dry! All this extreme weather is something else. A good time for doing something soothing and calming like painting. :) Your tree is coming along nicely, a soothing sort of landscape. :)

Happy Little Trees Studio said...

I'm so glad you are ok. Flooding is happening big time here in KY too. Hang in there and many prayers your way. Great painting too!