Thursday, February 03, 2011

Chinese New Year

Gift Envelope Front
Gift Envelope back
Gift Envelope pattern

Today is the beginning of the Chinese New Year, if my information is correct, and I'm wishing all of you a happy, healthy, prosperous, successful New Year.  On this day, money gifts are given in red envelopes to recipients for good luck in the coming year.  Since I didn't have a red envelope, i made one. 

Remember when I said a couple of days ago I had painted peppers but couldn't show them?  Well, I flipped that painting over and painted the practice rose posted yesterday.  This morning i cut that paper into an envelope pattern.  Yeah, the cuts aren't perfect but it gives you the general idea on making an envelope for use as a gift holder.  Now, to glue the flaps and stick in some money. 

6 comments:

Sharon Williamson said...

Wow, very cool!

Mermaid's Palette said...

NIce! Now you have painting on both sides, and beautiful also!
Sheryl

Teresa Palomar Lois said...

Lovely Ann, really lovely, those colors make me smile, cool way to make an original envelope ^_^

William Cook said...

I burst out laughing. Wonderful!
How Hi is a Chineese mountain.

Wm

IrinaSztukowski said...

What a great creative gift Ann. Super colors. Rich and fluid!

thank you,
Irina

Ann Buckner said...

So tickled you enjoyed this card. Now I know what to do with my round file paintings lol.