Sunday, December 05, 2010

Playing with Red & Green


Do you ever have days where it is hard to settle to doing any one thing?  That is what is happening with me today so I decided to just doodle.  Being Christmas I wanted to paint with red and green so I tried painting ornaments, mistletoe and then a ribbon from my imagination - plus a crocheted doily.  The painting is a mess but still I like the clean reds and some of the greens.  I liked the metal top of the front ornament before part of it was covered with my attempt at a ribbon.  All in all good fun even if it is being discarded in the round file. 

9 comments:

Crystal Cook said...

Don't discard that! It is lovely! You are much to hard on yourself I think. :) I love the fresh colors and clean but energetic washes. :)

RHCarpenter said...

Your doodling turned out really good - you do reds very well. But the photos are sideways, aren't they? I'm finding that happens with lots of uploads and it has to do with the format of the camera for some reason.

Christiane Kingsley said...

Ann, you have great colors, great shapes and super shadows. I would not even dream of discarding this!

Ann Buckner said...

Lol, thanks you all. Really it is just a doodle. I do like the colors but was too impatient on some of it and have some bleeds in part of the doily.

Rhonda, the photo isn't sideways. It is just the way I painted it. If I turned the paper more diagonally to the right then it would look more normal lol.

laura said...

These are lovely, Ann--beautiful colors and satisfyingly simple compositions: great holiday cards!

Nora Mackin said...

Nice going Ann with these doodles. I like the metal top too.

Dean H. said...

Very well done! Always interesting to play with reds and greens.
They can be difficult for me to deal with. I find the other complements easier to work with.

Ann Buckner said...

Thanks Laura, Nora and Dean. :)

Dean, I find the other complements easier too. Could it be because the red and green are about the same value?

Fábio Cembranelli said...

Dear Ann, your use of reds is also superb! Thanks for the friendship in 2010, you're always very kind!
I wish you a happy Christmas and many thanks for sharing with us all your beautiful paintings !