Thursday, December 16, 2010

Five Minutes Worth

I haven't painted or sketched this week so spent five minutes this morning using a 1" brush to thinly apply acrylic to a gessoed canvas pad sheet. My goal was to get the initial mass shapes down and to practice using a larger brush.  It has been so long since I've used acrylic it will be fun and a challenge to shape this knife and peanut butter jar.  Can you see that the shadow direction needs to be changed?  The set up is right beside my easel and I'm looking down on the jar.  There is no direct light on the setup but is bounced light from the lamps pointing up to the ceiling. 

4 comments:

Crystal Cook said...

That is very cool Ann. That orange color is so juicy!:)

Christiane Kingsley said...

Ann, You always make such terrific use of your time! Looking forward to the progress on this acrylic painting.

Gary Keimig said...

A great exercise Ann. And that orange is juicy looking.
Thanks for the comment on my art blog

Ann Buckner said...

Crystal, Christiane, Gary - thanks for your comments. You are appreciated, as always.

Oh Christiane, I wish that were true, making terrific use of my time. Sadly, I haven't painted but happily I've had good visits with my family. :)