Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Pears Watercolor, Overworked Stage 2

You can see how overworked the paper is and areas of muddy color.  This might be saved using pastels or acrylics but first I'll go back in with watercolors to see what can be done. 

As can be seen in the cropped close up below, the pears still need lots more work  The pear on the viewer's right that stands alone (in the above photo) needs even more attention since it is a ghost outline of the pear. 
I was trying to go slow on the pears while I went fast over the back and foreground areas.  I am such a stick in the mud when it comes to the way I paint.  I rarely try painting "outside the box" but I was trying with this one *smile*.  I'm hoping to get in more painting time today which has been a bit sparse lately. 

I'm happy to report that my mom is doing very well.  Thanks all of you for the well wishes for her.

5 comments:

Nora Mackin said...

Ann do you have colored pencils, it might be interesting to see what you could do with them over this.
If not keep at it with stronger values.
Enjoy playing with this now.

Crystal Cook said...

I think you are just too hard on yourself Ann, I really like it. The loose background contrasts nicely with the delicate pears, and your washes have a lot of energy. :)

I'm glad your mom is feeling better and I hope you get more time to paint today. :)

RHCarpenter said...

This doesn't look overworked, Ann, but you know what it looks like IRL, and I trust your word. I would crop off the bottom up to that nice shadow shape and you could also crop some of the bg above the pears - then just bring out the pears and call it a day :) I like these and your loose, watercolor style, a lot. Now we have to figure out how Deb gets her watercolors to look like oils, they are so rich in color.

jyothisethu said...

this is beautifully done...
especially the highlights on the fruit on right side...
congrats...

Ann Buckner said...

Thanks all of you for stopping by and your encouragement. This one went by the way side and will be used for scrap paper.