Saturday, October 09, 2010

Chatter

I bet you are wondering why I would post such poor photo?  This was my grandmother's house and this photo was taken sometime before 1954.  Actually I think it was in the late 40's.  The area in the foreground is a strawberry patch with some of the strawberry pickers working.  Did you notice the old cars and trucks? 

Thanks all of you for the comments on the watercolor portrait of my brother.  Your encouragement and suggestions are welcomed and appreciated.  A couple of suggestions made in a couple of online art forums was to check the left side shadows and to enlarge the pupils.  Isn't it wonderful to get such helpful feedback to improve a painting. 

2 comments:

Liana Yarckin said...

curiousity got me here. thanks for sharing this photo. poor photos make nice paintings.

Ann Buckner said...

Liana, you are so right, they can make a good painting. One day, maybe I'll try to paint this one.