Sunday, August 01, 2010

Time to Cool Down

How about a couple of winter photos to cool us down since the temperatures here today are to be 100F or higher.  The above photo was taken in February, 2010, of one of the places across the highway using a zoom lens.  I was totally enthralled with the beauty of the snow on the trees and the gracefulness of the limbs.  I remember the quiet, hused, peaceful feeling the morning this photo was taken. 

This photo was taken 30 minutes later on the same morning as the first photo above.  The sun had come over the mountain and bathed the pasture in beautiful light. 

It has been busy around this place.  I adopted a rescued dog named Juliet and she managed to slip through the gate that had been loosely fastened.  We looked and looked for her but couldn't find her.  So on Thursday I adopted another rescued dog named Hope.  When Glenda (the rescue person) delivered Hope, we were talking in the back yard and guess who comes running?  Juliet!  So now we have two dogs and they are safely inside the yard with plenty of room to run around.  Hope loves to play in her kiddy pool. 

The next event was one of my sister's fell Friday and ended up with a compound fracture of her left wrist.  This happened in the middle of her moving house.  Thankfully, she is fine and has plenty of help to get the move completed.  She and her husband are moving to a place behind our house so we will be close.  Can't wait for them to be near us. 

To get myself back in to more painting my plan is to do some 20 minute warm ups.  Plus, we are studying values at paintingfriends.com, an online art group. Maybe some of you will want to join us at Painting Friends and take part in some of the painting activities and challenges going on,

4 comments:

Country Mouse Studio said...

How wonderful, please post some pictures of your dogs.

JudyAdamsonArtandDesign said...

I love the top photo; there's something special about the grey light of a snowy day!

Teresa Palomar Lois said...

Send some of that snow my way Ann, oh wait, you only have it in photos, will it work even like that?
Values at painting friends! I almost forgot about it, gotta check it asap!

Ann Buckner said...

Carole, I will post photos as soon as I can get them to sit still lol.

Judy, pleased you enjoyed the first photo. I love the hush of an early morning snow.

Teresa, we could both use some of the coolness from that snow with the hot temps we both have. Hope you stay cool and that you share a value sketch with us too.