Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Milk Can Value Study

To get me back to artwork I took the photo posted by Pat for the Friday Foto and did a value study.  One member thought yellows were hard to get the correct values and for me, it is the color red.  No problem going dark with reds but getting those lights, for me that is a different story.

I want to paint more glass so need to set up a still life.  We have these old oil lamps that we often use when the power goes out.  I think they would make an interesting painting if I can get them set up right. 

5 comments:

Teresa Palomar Lois said...

Ah this brings me memories of my childhood Ann, good study.
Don't worry about the reds, you'll do right, in fact I think you already have yummy reds, didn't think that you strugle when it comes to red light values. Anyway as I said you'll be ok, you're always practicing it and that's how to master something, isn't it?

Fay Akers said...

glass has intriged me for a while too. I took some great photos, but it's on the "pile" to-do. Looking forward to seeing what you come up with. Maybe you will inspire me?

Christiane Kingsley said...

Ann, this is a very nice sketch! I am looking forward to your oil lamps painting!

Pat said...

the value sketch looks great!

Ann Buckner said...

Teresa, hope those memories were good ones. I love reds but oh how heavy a hand I have when painting that color. Keeping my fingers crossed for good results. :)

Fay, Christiane, and Pat - thank you very much Hope to get to those oil lamps soon.