Saturday, July 10, 2010

Tulips, Stage 3

This is the next stage and one I think of as the good, the bad and the ugly.  The tulip on the upper right is too saturated and needs to be reshaped.  I hope this painting is salvageable.  You may not know this about me but when it comes to painting the individual leaves I have stage fright.  So I have to just dive in - if it works, great - if it doesn't then surely I will have learned something.  You will notice that I dropped in more yellow and some of the quin. violet into the background as an underpainting.  More tomorrow.

6 comments:

Christiane Kingsley said...

Ann, I like how this is progressing. I really love your loose style for the background. This is going to be a beautiful painting!
It is very reassuring to read that I am not the only one who gets stage fright at some point in the painting process.

IrinaSztukowski said...

I agree, sometimes than closer to the end of the painting than more I want to finish is asap and move to another challenge or joy :)
Thank you,
Irina (www.IrinaSztukowski.com)

Nora Mackin said...

Ann love watching this progression. I really don't see anything wrong. I like your bgs. Can't wait to see it finished.

Crystal Cook said...

I think it looks fantastic Ann! I think it's fabulous and loose and fresh. Gorgeous!

Ann Buckner said...

Christiane, thanks for coming back to comment. No doubt we have lots of company experiencing stage fright lol.

Irina, pleased you took time to visit the blog and comment. I know what you mean about getting in a hurry to finish too.

Ann Buckner said...

Nora & Crystal, sure appreciate your comments.