Wednesday, July 07, 2010

Tulips, The Beginning

The photo above shows the beginning stages of the larger upper left tulip and part of the smaller tulip on its right.  I didn't have time to paint yesterday so began this early this morning. 

The painting was video taped to the stage shown above.  The videos are mostly for my own edification to learn more about my painting habits but thought you might garner some information from them too. 
  • 1st segment - the video was broken into three segments with the first segment showing the start of the upper left tulip.  
  • 2nd part - The next two segments show a closer view but the camera has been placed behind the table so the view of the tulip will be upside down.  
  • 3rd part - The accompaniement for the video is traffic sounds along with me telling the colors of the paints being used.  At times, my voice is a bit difficult to hear or understand.  

5 comments:

Teresa Palomar Lois said...

Wow, intense reds already Ann! are you painting wet on wet at this stage? it's so saturated and ¡yum! Gotta check those new videos *runs*

debwardart said...

It's always interesting to see other artists paint - we had a program today at GCWS where the artist used different brushes for warm and cool colors - and I see you use more than one brush. (The few times I've tried it haven't been pretty!!!)
Don't you LOVE the possum palette!!

The Notorious J.O.E. said...

I can't wait to see what the finished piece looks like. Based on the sketch, it should turn out very well.

Amanda Makepeace said...

You're in the EBSQ Friday Five! :)

Ann Buckner said...

Teresa, the first petal was wet then paint dropped in, then I became so involved in the painting, a lot of it was done wet on dry. You know I paint so light so this time I was going for more intense color, trying not to go back into the petals. Of course, that never happens ha ha, just have to go back in and try to get the paint to move where and how I want. :D

Deb, I do use more than one brush most of the time. Sometimes though I get so involved in painting I don't go back to a larger brush. Oh, I do love the possum palette and it is thanks to Teresa (who posted a comment too) that I decided to try it. Sure keeps the paint fresher.

Joe, thanks for your continued encouragement. I sure hope it turns out well. (Fingers are crossed ha ha.)

Hi Amanda, wow thanks for letting me know. I sure appreciate the interest and hope others find the WIP useful and interesting.