Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Lilacs Comparison

The above photo shows the three stages this painting has gone through.  The first photo is the same photo that is posted below.  The second photo shows the areas that were lifted out today with a Mr. Clean Magic Eraser.  I did my best not to scrub with the Magic Eraser because I wanted the paper to remain in decent condition.  The Eraser was dampened, blotted on the areas to be lifted - continuing to do this until it looked satisfactory for new shaping.  The third photo shows the reshaped upper area.  There is still more reshaping to do but now the shapes aren't quite as busy nor confusing. 

2 comments:

The Notorious J.O.E. said...

I really like what you've done here, beautiful technique! I like your blog. I invite you to visit mine if you have time. Joe.

Crystal Cook said...

Fantastic as usual Ann. I love how you paint things with such simplicity, the real beauty of watercolor just shines in your work :)