Friday, June 18, 2010

Bee & Delphiniums

Bee & Delphiniums
8 3/4" x 13"
Watercolor

It felt so wonderful to paint after a week of not having a brush in my hand.  In between bouts with a stomach virus I did manage to straighten my room which always makes me feel better when painting.  It still has piles of paintings, paper and other art related odds and ends that need to be organized and/or thrown away. 

This painting is based on the reference posted by Sharon for the Friday Foto at paintingfriends.com.  One of the things we have been working on at Painting Friends is learning about lost and found edges.  I thought the reference photo was perfect for practicing those.  

7 comments:

Christiane Kingsley said...

I am glad that you are now feeling well enough to paint. This painting has great colors and textures.

RHCarpenter said...

This is so loose and beautiful! WOW, you came back with a bang :) Glad you're feeling better. You must spend more time cleaning your room than I do my whole house! ha ha

Watercolorist said...

Glad you are recovered. My husband had a very bad bout of the stomach flu. Your painting has both the lost and found edges and the colors are lovely. My art teacher always emphasizes using both lost and found edges in one's watercolors.
Jean

Nora Mackin said...

Glad to hear feeling better Ann. I like the colors you used in this.

Ann Buckner said...

Thanks Christiane, for your comments on my well being and on the painting. It is very appreciated. I've been looking at your work and am so enjoying your florals. You are doing such lovely work.

Ha ha Rhonda, that is because this room gets cluttered so quickly. When I'm painting I don't put things away. Thanks for your lovely comments too.

Hi Jean, hope your husband has recovered as well. Thanks for coming to my blog and for your comments. I am learning lots about lost and found edges but often forget what I've learned when in the midst of painting.

Hi Nora, thanks for stopping by and glad you enjoyed the colors and textures.

Liana Yarckin said...

love the colors and your loose style.

Ann Buckner said...

Thank you, Liana.