Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Strawberries WIP, Possibilities???

It has been a few days since I've posted and during that time I began this half sheet (15 x 22) watercolor of strawberries.  I removed the masking fluid and have the painting propped where I can sit back and look at it.  The reference photo is one I took a few years ago of strawberries on gold foil and there were lots of reflections and sparks of light.  Won't try to get all that but hope to render the look of shiny looking shadows. 

3 comments:

debwardart said...

I like the way you let the colors run down to make the reflections. Once some of the seeds have been blushed back and misket edges softened, maybe just a slight crisping up of the top edges??? That's one big painting of strawberries!!!

Crystal Cook said...

I really love this one Ann, it reminds me of Arne Westerman's work. Beautiful :)

Ann Buckner said...

Glad you enjoyed this stage of the painting Deb.

Thanks Crystal. What a lovely compliment. I like Mr. Westerman's work too.