Sunday, May 09, 2010

Happy Mother's Day

 Peace Roses
Photo taken 05-07-10
To Mothers everywhere, Blessings, and may your day be filled with all that you cherish. 

The Strawberry Festival is over for another year.  Our small town was jam packed with people from one end to the other.  Thankfully, we know the back roads to by pass all the traffic.  It was a gorgeous with lovely sunshine and mild temperatures.  Everyone I spoke with really enjoyed their day. 

I haven't painted anything in a few days but have been watching art videos, reading and thinking about drawing and painting.  My plan is to do more portraits and to paint the lilacs that have been sketched onto the wc paper.  I have the last watercolor of White Hawk sitting where I can see it every time I turn around.  That way I get a fresh view and it impresses on me the areas that need to be corrected.  Have to move stuff, to make room for the acrylics but will see what can be done to save the painting.  

One of the videos I watched was by Nicholas Simmons on the use of acrylics the watercolor way.  It is an excellent video and one I would watch again.  I also watched portrait videos by Jan Kunz.  Each time a video is watched again, there is always more information to be garnered, that I didn't remember from a previous viewing. 

One of my goals for today is to do some armchair traveling through the blogs on my sidebar.  Feels like ages since I've enjoyed that and I've missed it. 

2 comments:

RHCarpenter said...

What a lovely photo! Happy Mother's Day :)

Ann Buckner said...

I'm a little late but still want to thank you.