Saturday, April 17, 2010

Jessika Rose, Next Two Stages

These photos show the applications of paint in the two stages.  That center is looking quite neon but the photo is really showing that vibrancy and intensity of color.  The colors in the rose are Quin. coral, Quin rose, Permanent Red, Fr. Ultramarine Blue, New Gamboge, Lemon Yellow, and Ultramarine Violet.  The background has some of those same colors with the addition of Cerulean Blue, Yellow ochre, and Undersea Green. I'm looking forward to the morning so I can continue to work on this painting.  This is being painted under fluorescent lighting so am curious to see how this will look in daylight and under incandescent light.   

On a different note, I want to express my thanks to all of you that follow this blog.  I don't often acknowledge how much I have appreciated your being there.  There are so many of you wonderful artists sharing your blogs that I wish I had room on the sidebar for everyone.  I keep finding more and more wonderful artwork to view via other artists' links and could spend hours just reading and looking. 

8 comments:

Crystal Cook said...

That is just so beautiful Ann! I love how you paint flowers. :)

And I love following your blog, and seeing what you'll be painting next :):)

Teresa said...

I don't often see you using masking fluid, you achieved a wonderful look in this one Ann, really really nice!

Christiane Kingsley said...

Ann, the colors are so rich and vibrant! The heart of the rose - what seems the most difficult part to me - is beautifully shaped and painted.

I enjoy reading your blog, admiring your artwork and seeing where your creativity will lead you next!

Ann Buckner said...

Crystal, thank you so much. You are too kind.

Teresa, I don't using masking fluid very often as you said. I was trying to get a softer look with less paint the closer it was to the misket. Didn't always work out that way ha ha.

Christiane, thank you so much for your kind comments and for enjoying the blog. It is the encouragement from all of you that helps with the spark.

RHCarpenter said...

The colors, the shapes, the texture of this rose is just stunning, Ann! I wanted to reach out and touch it :)

becky joy said...

Ann, a beautiful rose. Not an easy thing to paint.

Country Mouse Studio said...

I agree with previous comments, the rose is so beautiful.

Ann Buckner said...

Thank you all so much. You helped to make my day. :)