Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Garage Sale Find

I haven't a clue as to how old this photograph is but it is one of my favorite possessions.  It was found at a garage sale and given to me.  The only thing I can really tell is it was at one time professionally framed.  I am not that familiar with the dress of the different indian tribes so if anyone has an idea which tribe they could belong to, hope you will share that info. 

Yesterday was a busy day and spent a good portion of it outside, cleaning flower beds, moving a few plants, etc.  It would have been a perfect day for painting outside if I had had the time.  Today looks like it will be just as beautiful but have more Spring cleaning to do. 

My plans do include researching photos for paintings and hopefully, getting one sketched on paper. 

5 comments:

Crystal Cook said...

That's such a cool photo Ann!

Spring cleaning, I hate and love it at the same time! Grrr.

Susan said...

I LOVE old photos and that's a beauty, Ann--no wonder you cherish it!

Susan said...

I LOVE old photos and that's a beauty, Ann--no wonder you cherish it!

H Masterson said...

This is very intriguing. I always feel bad about photos at estate and garage sales. Sometimes it means there is no family left, or a family is at outs with one another or someone moved away and didn't keep connected. Sad. But, it is truly a beautiful photo.

Ann Buckner said...

I'm pleased all of you enjoyed this photo along with me. *smile*