Sunday, April 04, 2010

Do You Paint . . . ????" Demo Update

I haven't gotten very far with the painting - my only excuse is we have company so I am painting little bits at a time.  The whole oranges are more orangy rather than the red.  For some reason the camera really saturates the red.  Anyway, I removed the misket from areas and now have to soften edges and add color, do a bit of reshaping, darkening shadows and work the different areas.  You can see I used the same colors in the background as I did in oranges and peelings to give an overall more cohesive color scheme. 

4 comments:

Carole said...

You've made this orange so beautiful. I love the soft colors

Crystal Cook said...

Ann this is so beautiful! I think you've captured it perfectly. I love the soft colors too.

Nora Mackin said...

Ann can't wait to do this demo with all our other friends in our forum Painting Friends.

Ann Buckner said...

Carole, thank you for your coments and for visiting this blog.

Crystal, your comments are appreciated. I'm tickled you like it.

Nora, hope you enjoy the demo. It is posted now. I'm waiting on your roses demostration. You know i have the most difficult time leaving lights in red roses and good values.