These are the first two stages of the watercolor study of the Ethiopian child. Now I will find out how much I can correct, starting with leveling the eyes. The way I normally paint is to get the painting to the almost finished stage in one session. This time I have worked over three days to get to this stage. I need to remeasure the placement of everything to see what areas need to be shortened, lengthened or widened. Happily, I traced my drawing on to tracing paper for transfer to watercolor paper in case I need to start another painting. So far, I have used Burnt Sienna, Quin. Burnt Orange, New Gamboge, Transparent Yellow Oxide, Permanent Alizarin Crimson, and Ultramarine Blue.