Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Portrait Update - Comparison

My sister looked at the drawing and said his face was too narrow so I widened the jaw line and neck plus narrowed the forehead just a bit. A few areas were darkened and lowered the nose just a small fraction.  She was right, this does look more like my nephew.  There is a slightly darker line beneath his left eye, next to the light area, that needs to be lightened to blend in more with the skin tones - other than that I'm calling this one done. 

On a different note, we have daffodil sprouts showing even though it was a cold 16F this morning.  Spring is on the way and I'm thrilled. 

3 comments:

debwardart said...

Excellent - you do great portraits and drawing.

jyothisethu said...

Ann,
you are a fine artist...
actually, you are taking a class on the portraits through this kind of blog posts...
thank you for that...
i'm in a thrill...

Ann Buckner said...

Thank you Deb. I'm learning a lot doing the sketches and drawings.

Thank you jyothisethus. Your comments are appreciated.