Saturday, January 16, 2010

January Mindbender, Painting Friends



January Mindbender
5" x 7"
Watercolor
Painting Friends online art group has a monthly Mindbender Challenge where a photo is posted by one of its members.  From that photo the members are to choose a composition to paint.  It could be all of the photo or just a very, very small detail.  As you can see in the photo below (taken by Madmum) there is a lot to see and from which to choose.   I tackled the area outlined in white simply because I was too chicken to paint even a portion of the buildings lol.  Oh yes, the white let on the paper can either be rocks or sheep, whatever you see. :)


For this painting, I used Quinacridone Gold, Hansa Yellow Light, Quin. Burnt Orange, Cobalt Blue, Fr. Ultramarine Blue, Indanthrene Blue, and Quin. Magenta, all by Daniel Smith.

8 comments:

hwfarber said...

This is nice. Next time, you'll include all those buildings, right?

I checked out your pears--good job on those, especially liked the sunglasses painting.

RHCarpenter said...

I love this - so loose and such a beautiful watercolor - and I see sheep :)

L.Holm said...

What a fun challenge, and I like your landscape choice. I see sheep. Thanks for including your palette, too. All transparents?

Ann Buckner said...

HW, rofl right the buildings next. I'm scratching my head, trying to remember when I painted sunglasses.

Thank you, Rhonda. I'm pleased you enjoyed it.

Thanks, Liz. The palette was all transparent or semi-transparent.

L.Holm said...

Thanks, Ann

hwfarber said...

Sorry, all I could remember about the pears were "sunglasses." Your blog of April 18, 2008--Experimenting Again, Pears, Wear Sunglasses. Very colorful.

Ann Buckner said...

Oh right, now I remember that pear lol. Thanks for reminding me. :)

Deb Léger said...

Beautiful Ann!