Wednesday, January 06, 2010

Daisy, Update 2


Worked on this again this morning.  Still have more to do such as linking the areas and defining the flowers more.  I'm waking up at 1 or 2 in the morning to paint. 

I think I have mentioned before that my mother has macular degeneration and she said Tuesday that her vision is getting much worse.  That means spending more time with her and more interruptions for me. This means she won't be able to make her quilts and needs something to keep her mind and hands busy.  She is struggling now but won't let us sew for her.  I'm going to do my best to talk her into painting.  She can still see color and large shapes so this should be fun and a challenge for her, I hope. 

3 comments:

RHCarpenter said...

This is looking so beautiful, Ann. Oh, I do hope you can get your mother painting - how fun it would be to paint big with large shapes and things!

Teresa said...

I like the dark against that white daisies a lot Ann.

Sorry to hear that your mom's sight problems are getting worse, it's sad that she can't do the knitting she loves so much but if she can see the large shapes and color you are right, painting will be perfect for her, get her to try it and maybe she finds her second love!

Ann Buckner said...

Thanks Rhonda and Teresa. :)

So far she is still sewing on a quilt even though it is taking her much longer. She is such a determined woman and wants to keep her independence as much as possible. I'm so proud of her. :)