Tuesday, January 05, 2010

Daisies, In Progress


Do you remember the other day my mentioning that I had spritzed and spattered watercolor on a piece of paper but wasn't sure what I was going to paint.  About two a.m. this morning I decided to paint daisies.  I've had the photo for awhile and liked the contrasts in it plus the little bee that was sitting on the flower.  So far I'm doing both negative and positive painting mainly establishing the composition.  This painting is painted to the edge of the 7 1/2" x 11" Fabriano paper and will crop once everything is painted in.  

5 comments:

Christiane Kingsley said...

I really like what you have done so far, Ann. The shadings on the main daisy are great and that little touch of orange in the background really makes the blue tones stand out.

Micah said...

mmm.....am REALLY liking this a lot Ann

Susan said...

I think this is going to be delightful, Ann.

Connie Shehan said...

I think painting daisies is a great way to deal with the cold! I like this water color.

I thought of you Monday when I shot some fuzzy video of pink roseate spoonbills. They were a beautiful coral flutter when they took off from the canal, and I thought they would make a lovely painting.

Ann Buckner said...

Thanks all of you. Appreciate the encouragement. :)

Connie, love the picture you created with words of the spoonbills. Thanks for thinking of me.