Wednesday, December 02, 2009

TMC #12, Scissors


I felt rushed through this TMC.  You know the feeling, so much ground (paper) to cover and so little time.  The one area of learning that keeps reenforcing itself when doing these little studies is that painting is all about values and shapes.  Design and color also play an integral part. 

Worked more on the first graphite portrait yesterday.  Today I will revisit the mouth area.  I'm at the point where it looks like the person's mouth but still isn't quite right.  The Christmas client says it looks just like the person though so that is a big plus.  Did you notice I'm not saying whether it is male or female?

3 comments:

Micah said...

You're going to be a hardcore plein air painter when all is said and done :)

Fábio Cembranelli said...

Ow...wonderful, I love the composition here!

Ann Buckner said...

Hi Micah, I do like painting from life and the more I do the more I like it ha ha.

Fabio, thank you!