Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Dusting of Snow


This is  a very early morning zoom photo of the area up the hill from the back of the house.  Love those cedar trees and the light dusting of snow.

I have begun a small watercolor by dripping and spritzing color, starting with a very pale yellow, then added quin. coral.  Once that dried, viridian and cobalt were added to the outer edges.  What is the painting going to be?  Right now I haven't a clue but wanted to try something different than my usual method of using a brush.  Maybe it will turn out, maybe it won't but my next step is to draw the chosen subject. 

2 comments:

Christiane Kingsley said...

Ann,startin with such an underpainting or background, you should be able to use many different techniques such as negative painting or even some more pourings. I am really looking forward to seeing this painting.
All my best for the New Year.

Ann Buckner said...

Hi Christiane, so far I haven't decided on a subject. Do have the painting laying on the paint table and look at it every once in awhile to see what pops into my mine. Will have to do more so there are several from which to choose. :) Thanks for staying tuned.